General Dynamics Land Systems Offers:
- Robust Total Rewards program, including: competitive base pay, incentive pay that rewards individual and team performance, and comprehensive benefits
- 401k Match (6%)
- Tuition Assistance
- 9-80 Work Schedule (every other Friday off)
- On-going learning opportunities within a diverse, inclusive and rewarding work environment
- Hybrid Work Location
- Onsite Cafeteria, Fitness Center, and Dry Cleaning
Key Job Elements:
- Assist with bid and proposal activities by facilitating the Authorization of Proposal/Contract (AoP/AoC) process
- Support pre-award activities to ensure that valid proposals are submitted to customers, while ensuring a comprehensive review of terms and conditions that mitigate company risk
- Lead in the resolution of contracting issues arising during contract performance
- Act as formal company interface to various customer representatives on assigned contracts and proposals
- Provide subject matter expertise to functional departments on contracting regulations and company procedures
- Research and liaise with GDLS functional groups to support contract positions with terms and conditions in response to proposals
- Assist with compilation of business volumes for responses to proposals
- Draft formal customer correspondence on contractual matters
- Prepare program metrics and internal reports
- Support and represent Contracts team in the interpretation and analysis of contract requirements, as required
- Prepare presentation material to support program at customer and internal group meetings and deliver presentations, as required
- Exercise a mindset of continuous process improvements and efficiencies
- Ensure all Program activities meet compliance requirements
- Bachelor Degree in Business, Science or appropriate Liberal Arts. Other degrees or disciplines considered with experience.
- 3 years experience, with an advanced degree or GDLS experience.
- Ability to develop detailed proposal packages and independently interact with upper management and multiple program offices regarding required approvals.
- Represent the organization in a highly professional manner and can be relied upon to exemplify company values and standards when dealing with internal and external clients.
- Ability to resolve and complete complex contract administration assignments/problems with minimal supervision utilizing ingenuity and innovation.
- Ensures solutions are consistent with organization objectives.
- Ability to develop and maintain key relationships with Senior leadership and external customers,
- Strong working knowledge of Government contract laws and regulations preferred
- Knowledge of FAR/DFAR preferred.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal) required.
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite.
- Some travel required.
General Dynamics is a successful Fortune 100, global aerospace and defense company, with over 90,000 employees world-wide. General Dynamics Land Systems, a business unit of General Dynamics, has a strong foundation of delivering core engineering and manufacturing capabilities to our clients for military vehicles. Our team is focused on continuous process and productivity improvements that reduce product costs, while increasing troop safety and effectiveness. Land Systems continues to work with the US Armed Forces and its Allies to ensure these vehicles remain survivable, relevant, flexible, affordable and capable of addressing a dynamic threat environment.
General Dynamics Lands Systems provides a competitive compensation package, site specific flexible work schedules, 401(k) with Company Match; Bonus Eligibility, Employee Development Opportunities, Tuition Reimbursement, On-site Amenities, and comprehensive Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance.
At GDLS, we strive to be champions who drive diversity, equity and inclusion. We are committed to our values and beliefs to provide a safe space, which empowers our team members to bring their full, authentic selves to work. We welcome all diverse backgrounds and experiences, as we see the value in creating a dynamic environment of diverse culture preference.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
General Dynamics Land Systems is committed to working with and providing accommodations to individuals with a disability. Candidates who require a reasonable accommodation due to disability for any part of the application or hiring process may contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance. Determination of requests for reasonable accommodation are made on a case-by-case basis.