Join the Charter family and grow with us.
When you work at Charter Manufacturing you’re part of a four-generation family business. That means, you’re not just an employee, you’re one of our family members.
Become part of the IT department while being exposed to varying issues. Assist and/or lead multiple IT-related projects supporting the different facets of the business. Collaborate directly with other employees and work on projects independently. Grow through Charter’s Internship values of communication, high expectations, accountability, responsibility, teamwork, exposure to business, and real-world work experience.
Duration/Schedule: Flexible part-time during the school year and full-time during the summer months.
Start Date: ASAP
- Enrollment in a two-year or four-year degree program in Information Technology, Management Information Systems, Computer Science, or a related field with current status of at least a Sophomore level
- Cumulative GPA of 2.75 or higher
- Proficient in Microsoft Office software: Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills
- Ability to succeed in a team environment
- Ability to handle multiple tasks
- Basic Network and security fundamentals
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology, Management Information Systems, Computer Science, or a related field.
- One year of IT-related experience
- Strong network understanding and desire to learn enterprise server infrastructure technologies
- Analytical with strong troubleshooting and technical skills
- Knowledge of Windows / Linux server operating systems
- Knowledge of scripting languages, PowerShell/Bash/Python
- Ability to create and maintain server infrastructure documentation, preferably using Microsoft Visio
- Conceptual knowledge of network and data center environments
- Knowledge of virtualization concepts and technologies
- Participate in Continuous Improvement projects
- Assist in other projects and function as a resource for other team members
- Document and improve processes
- Ability to meet the essential job requirements, with or without reasonable accommodation, as outlined in the job description
- Follow Environmental, Quality and Safety Management System procedures and requirements
- Gain experience maintaining and supporting Charter’s Microsoft Office 365 environment, Active Directory and hyper-converged virtualization infrastructure
- Juggling multiple responsibilities
- Prioritizing day-to-day tasks and project work
- Some travel when needed